How to Shade

By ACommonArtist — January 15
Total Replies: 5
Hey! If any of you know how to shade can you please tell me.
Hi, I am a girl who loves drawing Animals. I am crazy about them and my qualities are, loyalty, courage, creativity, wits, athletic, leadership. I am also a Hufflepuff Sister! Hey to all my Hufflepuff Siblings. Please follow my bestie @Soccerforever04
Use a colour that is darker than your base colour (make sure that the colour has a different contrast).. For soft shading, use the brush tool.
I read SCPs as a hobby.
THX
Hi, I am a girl who loves drawing Animals. I am crazy about them and my qualities are, loyalty, courage, creativity, wits, athletic, leadership. I am also a Hufflepuff Sister! Hey to all my Hufflepuff Siblings. Please follow my bestie @Soccerforever04
how do you do the different shading
im very weird
Here is a tip that I use all the time.... if the image is on layer 1 ... make a second layer and change the opacity of it to say 10 - 40 percent.. depending on what you want... all you have to do then is use the pencil tool or paint brush tool.. add a dark colour and then make the shading all on this second layer. This way if you mess up the shading in any way you can just erase where it is messed up, fix it and change what you need to ... all with the safety of keeping the progress of your original image on this first layer.... also rename the layers to what you want (for me layer 1 is drawing and layer 2 is Shading).... just make sure you are actually doing the shading on the second layer (mistakes can happen here)..... add more layers for more detailed shading as well if you want...doesn't hurt and is completely erasable on the third layer if you don't like it... just make sure you order all the layers properly. (tip: there is no layer tool on some devices... this tip definitely works on a computer though) Hope this helps... and sorry for writing too much... it's a bad habit of mine
Just making art... and hoping people enjoy looking at it. simple - I also do freehand drawings as well sometimes and a lot of those are in my photos :) (I have -2- requests in progress)
What the heck I've never thought of that! Then, again, I'm new... but wow.
hiya!! i'm cora: short, asian girl who loves otters and reading! i have a scratch (@-kotlc-sea-otter- and @-vanessa-schuyler-) and a AJ (@coraotter). visit my friend @CloudiiCandy and eat waffles!! :D i also swim and need to get a b-time ;-;. oh, yeah, and feel free to request! i don't have any ideas for what to draw, so if you gave me some, that would be great! i'm not so good with animals ;-;