GIF making advice?

By ZugZwang853 — August 27, 2017
Total Replies: 12
Iv'e only made a couple gifs and I just want some advice so I can get better. This is something iv'e been wanting to do for a long time.
I just wanna make pixel gifs that look awesome DX I also like candy gore and dragons. Cruxites (c) are a closed species made by me.
Try to copy the previous frame and edit it into a whole knew frame instead of adding a new blank frame and having to start all over. Also you don't have to do into the details first! Make each frame a rough sketch for what the flow of the gif should be and then add the color and details in afterwards!
Hello! I make original pixel art for fun, hope you enjoy my work! I take constructive criticism. I'm 15. I'm a dude. My favorite colors are orange and green. I have a dog named Pixel. My profile pic and background photo are both made by me. Putting @Kawli here because friends help friends. I joined here July 3rd 2016 and I love this site!
im not the best at gif making myself but ive seen and learned here and there about animation. In addition to what Slinky already said, I'd suggest if you have a clear plan of something you want to animate, you dont have to immidiately make the movements swift and smooth, but rather roughly lay out the scene with a few frames and then go inbetween the frames later and add more frames to make the animation smoother. Also if you dont have the time or will to do a lot of frames then dont make the frames unnecessarily slow, keep them at 100 ms or less if youre animating movement etc.
Edited August 31, 2017
clown ὃ⍜ὅ
That is also helpful.
Hello! I make original pixel art for fun, hope you enjoy my work! I take constructive criticism. I'm 15. I'm a dude. My favorite colors are orange and green. I have a dog named Pixel. My profile pic and background photo are both made by me. Putting @Kawli here because friends help friends. I joined here July 3rd 2016 and I love this site!
i've found that adding a lot of frames makes the animation look more smooth. add small movements each time to the thing(s) youre animating and it will flow better instead of looking jittery so you can see where each frame change is
not making art for now. i may be back soon. bye guys x
How do you make a gif on here?
I like pixel art
tip - first make the starting pose, then the finishing pose. Add on in between, making the center beteween the start and finish, than making one between the start and center, one between the center and finish, etc.
im kim (stop calling me cryo i hate that) a highschooler who likes marching band, movies, video games and art. I have eighty nicknames and the only ones you can call me are kimothy and keko. everything i touch falls to ruin
do what cryokimothy said, but you can adjust the number of frames depending on the speed of your animation.
Hello.
Be sure to change the number of milliseconds each frame is so that it suits your needs.
i make music boi yeet
make sure that it can slow down for some people for say there was a question
I like hats and puns and I am part otaku and a conspiracy theorist they call me tnttime but I also have other oc's if anyone adit's my pic's give me the link please I would like to see them follow my friends @purple100 @PsychoOtaku @Error123 @sansiscool11 blue is da best